Theatre Street Productions believes in the transformative power of history through the performing arts to inspire change, thus enriching people's lives through the artistry of music and theatre.
Mission: Theatre Street Productions is devoted to presenting staged operatic and musical theatre concerts with highly accomplished artists, for the enrichment, education and enjoyment of diverse audiences throughout the northeastern United States, focusing on the musical history of America's Gilded Age from roughly 1870-1915.
Theatre Street values:
- accessibility and affordable arts experiences
- the creativity of the human spirit
- the excellence of accomplished artists
- the history of culture through music
- the power of the performing arts to enrich society
To distinguish itself in the marketplace, Theatre Street has crafted a niche performing "living music history", emphasizing the cultural heritage of America's Gilded Age. Concerts are frequently presented in historically significant venues including:
- the National Opera Center in New York, NY in February 2016
- the International Gilbert & Sullivan Festival in Harrogate, England in 2015
- the world-renowned Newport Music Festival in 2014 & 2016
- the historic Phelps Mansion Museum in Binghamton, NY in December 2013 & 2015
- the historic Roberson Museum in Binghamton in September 2012 & July 2015
- the Redwood Library & Athenaeum in Newport, RI in May 2012, the oldest lending library in the US
- the Mount Estate & Gardens in August 2011
- the International Gilbert & Sullivan Festival in Gettysburg, PA in June 2011
- the newly-renovated historic Casino Theatre in Newport, RI in December 2010
- Titanic Historical Society's annual convention in March 2010
- the famed Astors' Beechwood mansion in Newport, RI in November 2009
- the historic Jane Pickens Theater in Newport, RI in May 2009
- Ventfort Hall Mansion & Gilded Age Museum in Lenox, MA in October 2008, December 2009, February 2012 and September 2012
- the Art Walk in historic Owego in 2008, the "coolest small town in America"
- historic Lyndhurst in Tarrytown, NY in 2007
In 2012, Theatre Street produced its first fully-staged production of Terrence McNally's MASTER CLASS at the historic Casino Theatre in Newport, RI. The play was subsequently produced at the Roberson Museum in Binghamton, NY and Waverly Opera House in Waverly, NY. The company is led by its artistic director, Andrea Gregori, who founded the company in 2007. To listen to a 2008 interview with Andrea on WSKG Public Radio, please click here.
At the Titanic Historical Society Convention...
...with Kasey Stewart, Pej Reitz, Steve Nanni, Tim LeFebvre & Andrea Gregori
At the Casino Theatre in Newport, RI...
...with Charles Kehres, Alex Scopino, Pej Reitz, Andrea Gregori, Kasey Stewart, Patrick Grimes and Steve Nanni